Monday, September 22, 2008

No internet access for 48 hours


Sorry everyone, but I've been unable to get on the internet for 2 days. The router for the hotel in Cairo went belly up two nights ago while I was out at the bazaar with my new Longhorn friends. Then last night began an 18 hour train odyssey to get to Aswan. I'm going to recharge the laptop, get some sleep, and then post all photos and catch you all up. But since my brother emailed me a link to a story about tourists getting kidnapped and taken to Sudan from an area 250 miles from where I am, I thought I'd let you know I'm A-OK.

Sleep is completely under rated.

5 comments:

dolffun said...

thanks for posting to let your friends know you are ok. Hope you have a great time at the Aswan...

Anonymous said...

glad you're ok. blonde and fair skinned kinda stands out over there. hope you enjoy the trip safely.

- Mike

Ippoc Amic said...

glad all is OK with you

Susie said...

Mike, blonde hair and fair skin have stood out everywhere I have been. Egypt is no different.

marscat said...

i really like that photo!

glad you are okay.