Sunday, September 28, 2008

Change of Plans

It turns out I read my itinerary wrong and I'm to go back to Cairo on the overnight train tonight. It's OK -- the only thing I really wanted to do tomorrow is go back to the Valley of the Kings and go inside some more tombs. They are very hot and sweaty, so this is probably better. And besides, now that I've seen so many temples and tombs, I'm very anxious to see the Egyptian museum and go back to Giza. I'll also probably go to Alexandria for a bit. Also, the men are easier to deal with in Cairo than in Aswan or Luxor. Very few bothered me up in the capital, while here it's pretty constant. I could have had 150 Egyptian boyfriends in the last few days!

Anyway, I leave for the temples of the east bank just after lunch and go to the train station just after dinner. I'll post photos once I'm back in Cairo (so says the chick sitting on the one corner of her hotel balcony from where she can snag free wifi from the apartment building across the street).

No comments: