Friday, August 1, 2008

Downtime

Sometimes a girl just needs downtime, and that’s what I got all day today. I’ve been really stressed out these past few months and haven’t been sleeping well at all. Here at Phi Phi Relax Resort, I finally caught up.

I woke up this morning at whatever time it was and went for a swim before meandering over to the restaurant for breakfast. After eating, I swam some more and then scoped me out a hammock for the day. I stayed there until about 3:45 sleeping, reading and swimming. I finally went over to get an appetizer and then decided to take the little hike to the top of the island.

I thought that I had overheard one of the staff here telling someone that it was 30 minutes up and 30 minutes back. This was perfect timing for me to get up there, get back, get showered and get to my 6:00 massage. Well I started up the trail. It’s very steep – about as bad as Sabine’s driveway, but it keeps going on and on. After about 40 minutes I ran into some folks coming my direction. They said I had another 45 minutes to go to the top. This wasn’t going to do – I need my massage! So I headed down. It was an incredibly hot hike and I’ve never been so drenched in sweat in my life. It was even raining off my eyelashes. I guess I learned my lesson.

Anyway, I showered, had a pina colada (when you watch them pick the pineapples and coconuts minutes before making your drink, you just cannot resist) and then my massage. The message was insanely good. I'm pure jello! Now I’m going to have a bite and go to bed. I have a long 3 months ahead of me and this is exactly what I needed for a couple of days. But all good things must come to an end in order for other adventures to start.

Tomorrow, I go back to Daytona Beach Jr. to catch another boat. I’m going to do the camping trip on the beach at Maya Bay tomorrow night. The next morning, I’ll catch the ferry back to Ao Nang and hopefully end up with a room at Railay Bay. You most likely won’t be hearing from me until then. There’s nothing like being off the grid halfway around the world.

Cheers!

1 comment:

marscat said...

After eating, I swam some more and then scoped me out a hammock for the day. I stayed there until about 3:45 sleeping, reading and swimming.

divine