Monday, August 11, 2008

My Last Thai Sunset

I took this tonight at sunset -- the last I'll see in Thailand. I'm pretty sad about it because I really love it here. At the same time, I'm excited about what's ahead.

Today was spent with "errands". I started the day by walking across town to the post office. I wanted to lighten my load for the rest of my trip and sent some books and purchases to my house. On the way back, I stopped for a light breakfast and then headed to the water for a swim. The afternoon was really a combo of paying the hotel (their credit card machine was on the fritz, so it took quite a bit of time), picking up my clean laundry, and packing. When I finished, it was nearly dinner time. I went for one last dip in the sea, showered, had my last Thai massage and then ate dinner on the deck at sunset.

Now I'm in my room looking for the Olympics on the tube. Thailand's queen is making a speech, so all channels are glued to that (except for BBC business news, ESPN, and the Discovery Channel -- none of which show the Olympics). Oh well, I should really get to bed early. The taxi is picking me up at 8:00am.

If you don't hear from me for a day or two, don't worry. I've had trouble making a train reservation online for India (their servers keep crashing) and I'm not sure where I'm lying my head tomorrow night. I should be in Agra sometime on Wednesday and have a hotel reservation confirmed there. I will have internet access then.

Maybe one more night time dip in the Adaman Sea ...

8 comments:

marscat said...

i will miss thailand too...

Anonymous said...

me too...

Anders said...

It's not your last Thai sunset. You'll come back some day, right? Think positive. :)

Susie said...

I'll be back. I still have the north and the Gulf of Thailand coast to see.

teamwelliver said...

have fun in India! I'm loving your posts. Keep them coming.

Anonymous said...

I've enjoyed the pictures, and pictures with you in them...wow! amazing, how come you don't do that for me? haha

Ippoc Amic said...

what kind of yummy adult beverages will they have in India? I'll miss the pretty Pina Coladas and Mai Tais.

marscat said...

This from Susie via Facebook:

Susie is in Agra, India, but cannot use her laptop and cannot seem to log into her blog. Would someone leave a comment telling everyone I'm fine?