Saturday, August 9, 2008

This One's for Linda


Best Mai Tai Ever
Originally uploaded by susiebarber
So today was pretty non-eventful. I was up late last night due to the Olympics and didn't wake up until nearly 11:00. I tried desperately to find a way to watch the Olympic men's road race today, but was completely unsuccessful. I then read the live updates on cyclingnews.com. Afterwards, I walked north to the really nice seafood place on the beach for lunch. BEST LUNCH EVER! Then, I talked to my friendly travel agent and got something set up for tomorrow and pre-arranged for a cab to the airport for Tuesday morning. And, since my legs are hurting like a sonofabitch from yesterday's stairs, I had another Thai massage.

The highlight came at dinner. Since Linda so nicely asked a while back for me to have a mai tai for her, I obliged. I would have done it sooner, but the pina coladas are so good here. Anyway, this photo is what arrived at my dinner table as a mai tai. It was 150B, or just under $3. I didn't realize that they still had the 2 for 1 deals going, so I got a second for free. Which really brings the price of each one to under $1.50. Totally cheaper than the yacht club.

So I'm drunk now. I'm going to watch the Olympics from my bed rather than the bar and go to sleep early. I have to get up tomorrow. I'm going back to spend the day with my elephants.

1 comment:

Ippoc Amic said...

excellent and two for one baht or so is darn cool