Thursday, July 24, 2008

I'm Leaving on a Jet Plane ...


But I do know when I'll be back again. As demanded last night at the yacht club, here's the itinerary:

Today I fly to Bangkok via Hong Kong -- arrive Friday night Bangkok time.
- Sunday, 7/27 - fly Bangkok to Krabi, Thailand
- Tuesday, 8/12 - fly Krabi to Delhi, India via Bangkok
- Tuesday, 8/26 - fly Delhi to Katmandu, Nepal
- Saturday, 9/13 - fly Katmandu to Amman, Jordan via Doha, Qatar
- Looking Middle Eastern as I do, I had some misgivings about traveling through Jordan on my own during Ramadan, so I get picked up at the airport and do this tour.
- Saturday, 9/20 - fly Amman to Cairo, Egypt
While in Egypt, do a felucca trip on the Nile. Many, many tour operators run these, almost all with identical itineraries. I'll book one before I get there.
- Monday, 10/6 - fly Cairo to Zanzibar, Tanzania via Khartoum, Sudan, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia and Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania. After 4 days on the island, I join a safari at Kilimanjaro airport in Tanzania. Of course, that means that I have to fly to Kilimanjaro via Dar Es Salaam.
- Friday, 10/17 - the safari folks get me to Nairobi, Kenya and I fly to SFO via Heathrow in London. I land at SFO on Saturday, 10/18 at 2:15pm.

I'm half excited and half scared to death, but what the hell. You only live once.

1 comment:

Ippoc Amic said...

Hi Susie we were wondering what country you were visiting first. have lots of fun...try a Thai massage but don't let them twist you too much. I remember being very anxious during my massage.