Saturday, July 5, 2008

If it sounds too good to be true ...

Well, I have since found out that the Tahiti to Thailand boat has recently screwed over a delivery crew member. This guy helped sail the boat from the Galapagos to Tahiti and paid for all the food when the person in charge "conveniently" couldn't find his wallet when the time came. There's also conflicting stories about his return ticket to the states. Whoever you listen to, the crew member was never reimbursed for anything and is out of a lot of money. I'm not willing to sail 6,000 miles with this possibly happening, so I'm going back to plan B.

While my travel agent friend is still on vacation, I'm going to call her office on Monday and talk with someone else. I want to get the ball rolling on this trip and get out of here soon. Cheers!

No comments: