Sunday, October 19, 2008

Jet Lag

It's a funny thing. I don't quite understand how it works, but I know I have jet lag worse than I ever have before. When I got home on Saturday, I ate dinner and went to sleep by 7:30pm. I woke up at 10:30 and was up until 3am. It wasn't a total waste, though -- I got through 3 months of mail. Then I slept until about 7am and couldn't sleep any more even though I was exhausted. So what's a girl to do? Get up and get on with things. I went the errand route (deposit checks, get gas, buy groceries). I even stopped by Soquel High to "help" with the course for Surf City next weekend. I was absolutely useless, but it was so good to see familiar faces. Of course, I briefly dozed off on the lawn there.

So after a couple of hours of being too tired to do anything, I finally fell asleep about 3pm and slept until 10pm. I've since unpacked, fixed the power problem in my garage, caught up on my Sailing Worlds, and am having trouble finding things to do in the dark.

Something tells me that I'm in for a fun few days.

p.s. I did finally manage to get the champagne bottle open at 1am last night.

2 comments:

marscat said...

jet lag is crazy. linda and i were up all night long for a couple of days when we flew (just) to scotland...

Susie said...

Yup. I've been up since 10pm last night.