Tuesday, October 21, 2008

It's Weird Being Back

On the one hand, it's really nice to walk down the street without everyone staring at me (I kinda stuck out like a sore thumb in many places where I traveled). On the other hand, there's some big adjustments. I still keep walking to the wrong side of the car to get in (I keep expecting the steering wheel to be on the right side), pre-packaged and frozen food kinda upsets my stomach, and my iPhone keeps pinging me all day long -- kinda the opposite of the trip where I wouldn't get contacted at all. I went to Costco yesterday to see about replacing my broken TV that they sold me 20 months ago and I just wanted to run and hide from the moment I walked in. It's a little funny, because the bazaar in Cairo was much more crowded, but whatever. However, they were nice and refunded me the total cost of the TV and I was able to get a bigger, nicer one for $200 less than the old one.

The sleep thing is starting to get better. On Sunday night I woke up at 10pm and just couldn't get back to sleep. So last night, I stayed awake until 8 and slept until 4 this morning. If I can just stay awake until 9 or 10 tonight, I could be back on schedule. Wish me luck!

Anyone up for a bike ride?

1 comment:

BELLA BEAR said...

It is weird being back after being someplace else for so long...i know exactly how it feels. Somehow trying to put everything back together and live a day to day life, rather than exploring and doing new things all the time! But your trip seems amazing! I'm glad you did it!!