Monday, October 13, 2008

Game Drives

Without going into too much boring detail, let’s just say that we’ve finished 2 days of game drives. We spent half of yesterday in Ngorongoro Crater and then drove to the Serengeti. The drive to the Serengeti, especially from the park entrance to the lodge, is a game drive in and of itself. Today was all Serengeti. There have been several times where the big lens on the camera is way too much and I either have to change lenses, find the point and shoot (preferable), or wait until the animal moves away before I can take a picture. Off the top of my head I’ve seen: lions, cheetahs, a leopard, elephants, giraffes, wildebeast, zebra, gazelle (both grand and thompson), monkeys of various kinds, hyenas, a jackal, hippos, tortoise, deer, waterbeast, the endangered black rhino (from a distance), flamingos, ostriches, and many other birds. I know there’s lots more, but I just can’t think right now. Below are a sampling of my favorite photos.





No comments: