Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Trainer


Today I just couldn't get myself out the door to go for a ride. It wasn't raining or anything, but it was cold when I rode yesterday and it was even colder today and I just didn't want to do it. And, of course, I kept procrastinating getting on the trainer because riding the trainer is just so much fun.

But then the postman came and brought me a couple of NetFlix rentals. There it was: Mamma Mia!. So I thought, "what the hell"? It has tunes to pedal by, after all. Before you know it, I was riding the trainer with the TV volume cranked singing at the top of my lungs. Proudly, I only knew a few of the songs and didn't know all of the lyrics to any of them. But I'm good at making them up. Yes, I was kinda boogying on the saddle through every song and nearly crashed during Dancing Queen. If I hadn't have set up next to the dining room table, I would have hit the carpet. "Dancing on the pedals" has a whole new meaning to me now. I made it through the entire movie and then did my crunches during the closing credits (which were better than the movie).

A few quick observations:

1. Pierce Brosnan, though fantastic eye candy, CANNOT SING. He should never do a musical again.
2. Meryl Streep needs to do Dancing with the Stars.
3. My sit bones are much happier when I'm sitting upright swinging my arms to the music.
4. Riding rollers would have put me in the hospital today.
5. I really need a job so that I stop doing stupid things like this.

No comments: