Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Vote


Election Day ~ go VOTE
Originally uploaded by paulhitz
I've done it and I hope you do, too. For those of you familiar with the Santa Cruz area, I vote at the Simpkins swim center. There are 4 precincts there and when I first drove up, it was pretty intimidating. The entire parking lot was full and the long driveway was lined on both sides with parked cars. The 4 lines ( 1 for each of the precincts) went out the doors. They only had 1 electronic voting booth for each of the precincts and those had some long lines, so I opted for the paper ballot. Despite it looking like I could be there all morning, I parked and was back out in my car within 10 minutes.

So get out there and vote today! And be thankful we have nice sunny weather. And vote no on Proposition 8.

No comments: